“In that day you will say:‘Give praise to the Lord, proclaim His name;make known among the nations what He has done,and proclaim that His name is exalted”(Isaiah 12:4, NIV)
(Click on the picture to read more about the Koya/Khondu people)
Jesus Christ is Lord!!!
The tribal groups of India remain a very important part of our evangelism initiatives at COLOURS OF DAY MINISTRY. The tribal people are very humble; they suffer daily because of their living circumstances– and they do this without complaint. From birth to death the struggle for life is far more distressing than we can imagine in the comfort of our western homes.The tribal groups are often oppressed by government officials who have the folk uprooted from their homes. Satan has a strong grip on these people, his deception is that this is their lot in life, and there is no hope… BUT we have the HOPE of the ages. Jesus Christ is able to set them free and break the chains.
COLOURS OF DAY MINISTRY has been afforded an excellent opportunity to build relationships with these dear people. Many hear the Gospel from us; and already there are dozens who are starting to find their salvation in Jesus Christ.
One particular group we have worked with are the Koya people. Since 2015 it has been a privilege to be sent of God to reach these people.
Here is a little bit about the Koyas.
“The Koya practice their own ethnic religion, but also worship a number of Hindu gods and goddesses. Many Koya deities are female, the most important being something equivalent to western mysticism as “mother earth.” Sacrifices are carried out by the village priests. The Koya do not believe in heaven, hell, or reincarnation. When a person dies, his body is carried on a cot which is covered with grain, liquor, new clothes, money, and a cow’s tail. At the appropriate place, the cot is faced towards the West, and the body is burned. The ashes are placed in a clay pot. The Koya believe that their spirits will either “linger” about the ancestral clay pot, or they patrol the sky over the village, or they wander about the village disturbing daily life.”
- Pray that God will give us wisdom in how to deal with the tribal people in a more effective manner than before. Pray for the provision of proper training and guidance to lift these people up.Ask God to give the tribal Christians a burden to share the Good News with their own people – pray for good teamwork in evangelism and discipleship.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to soften the hearts of the Khoya towards Christians so that they will be receptive to the Gospel.
- Ask God to raise up prayer teams who will cover our evangelism team and pray for the tribal peoples too.
- We want to buy Audio Bibles in their language.
- We want to take medicines which are a big need as children don’t get essential vaccinations against communicable diseases.
- We want to take cloth for sewing projects and we want to dig community boreholes.
- We need laborers and financial resources to help us spread the message of Jesus among the tribal communities – Jesus must be known to all!
Thank you for your kind consideration to uplift ,encourage donate and pray for this mission work and people.
Koya Tribe for Jesus!!!
Jesus Christ is Lord!!!
Thank you for helping people like me hear the Word of God.We all deserve to hear about this amazing God that can turn idol worshipers hearts towards Him and just to experience true Love.The idols doesn’t have Love for us.Now we have an opportunity to Love!
Do you want to be a volunteer for this ministry.You can get involve in various areas.Click on the icon.
Copyright © 2018 Colours of Day. All rights reserved.